Twitter

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nokia N810 Unboxing



Here it is, my Nokia N810 unboxing photos! This little guy is still currently charging for the very first time, and being the gadgethound that I am, I always try to fully charge the battery before using a device for the first time, ostensibly to 'cure' the battery and ensure a longer overall battery lifetime (not sure if this is even needed anymore, but I can kill some time and wait just a few nanoseconds longer.) The first thing that I noticed after unboxing the N810 was the noticeable heft and solidity compared to my N800. The all-metal body and tight construction seem to convey a sense of durability exceeding that of my otherwise solid unibody N800. The included carry case is a thoughtful touch, considering how difficult it usually is to track down genuine Nokia accessories Stateside (and not having to resort to the underworld that is eBay chock full of questionably "authentic" goods!) The next generation tablet, RX-51, is likely lurking just around the corner ready to be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress in a week or two, but this N810 fits the bill for me with it's handy QWERTY keyboard for the time being. I will be installing the Vagalume last.fm client as the first app, as well as my other favorites, Mauku, gPodder, and the Palm OS Garnet emulator. Now...where did I put my micro to miniSD adapter..

No comments:

Post a Comment