Twitter

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Sony Vaio P



Here at the Sony Style store in NYC today, I had a chance to see and handle a Sony Vaio P prototype, right in the flesh. The model number ended with the suffix -XXX, which seemed to indicate that the exact model type hadn't been finalized yet. My first impressions: a very slick, very stylish, high-concept and high-technology design, but alas, very slow. However, it was running Windows Vista, and if one unboxes it and wipes the drive in favor of XP or Windows 7, I'm sure it would offer a significantly zippier computing experience. That said, the Vaio P oozes class, from the high-gloss, high-style lid to the neatly integrated Motion-Eye camera and bamtam weight design. One small quibble - the seemingly type-able keyboard seems to be marred by the tendency of my normal-sized hands to strike the mouse buttons right below the keys. Maybe my little nieces will have better luck touch-typing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment